Originally designed to be a replacement for a student's spelling notebook which lists words to be learnt for school each week. Unlike a paper notebook, SpellingNotebook can speak each of the words to enable testing and practice without seeing the written word. SpellingNotebook contains a full searchable spelling dictionary so that words can be added directly to the student's word list, minimizing entry errors.
Spelling Notebook features:
- Students can practice independently
- More than 100,000 words - add new words to the built in spelling dictionary when needed
- Spelling Notebook has a built in voice that can say all words in its extensive dictionary and any new english words added
- Optionally Record your own voice for the word you want to practice. You can record just the word, or even a whole phrase to help you recognize which word to spell.
- Multiple English regions: UK, US, Canada, Australia and NZ
- Earn a star for correct words
- Keep multiple word lists
- Edit word lists: add or delete words, add or delete an entire word list, rename your list
- Import words from one wordlist into another
- Words are selected from an extensive dictionary - minimizing entry errors
- Help available in app to guide and support
- Word list Copy and Paste
- History of Word list tests and practice
- Email test results
The built-in spelling dictionary is automatically selected by region. For countries outside US, Canada, Australia and NZ, the UK spelling dictionary is selected.
Note that recording your words on iPod touch models prior to the 4th generation requires an external microphone. The record button will prompt you if Spelling Notebook detects that no microphone is available.
Recommended Ages: All, Kids