What is a theory?
What is the difference between a theory and a style?
- Leadership theory vs. Leadership style?
- Learning theory vs. Learning style?
For example - research driven decisions delivered in a certain way.
What is a Learning Theory?
- How such changes become relatively permanent
- Whether the change is immediate, or potential
- What role experience plays
- What aspects of reinforcement are present
Learning Theories From the Hat (there is a video)
connectionism and the law of effect
iKITMovie (paid, but free trial)
iPad apps (e.g. MyCreate)
We got PROGRESSIVE EDUCATION
- Emphasis on learning by doing – hands-on projects, expeditionary learning, experiential learning
- Integrated curriculum focused on thematic units
- Integration of entrepreneurship into education
- Strong emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking
- Group work and development of social skills
- Understanding and action as the goals of learning as opposed to rote knowledge
- Collaborative and cooperative learning projects
- Education for social responsibility and democracy
- Highly personalized education accounting for each individual's personal goals
- Integration of community service and service learning projects into the daily curriculum
- Selection of subject content by looking forward to ask what skills will be needed in future society
- De-emphasis on textbooks in favor of varied learning resources
- Emphasis on lifelong learning and social skills
- Assessment by evaluation of child’s projects and productions